Highlighting red flags for communication skills.
- Difficulty to making and maintaining eye contact with an adult by 6 months.
- Absent social smile and joyful expressions during interaction with an adult by 6 months.
- No smile or facial expressions, and babbling sounds to mother by 6 months.
- No babbling or absence of babbling by 12 months.
- No pointing reaching or waving as a form of communication by 12 months.
- Inconsistent responding to the name call by 12 months.
- No meaningful sounds by 16 months.
- Unable to follow simple and familiar directions by 18 months.
- No meaningful phrase without imitation by 24 months.
- Noticing regression in speech or social skill at any age.
It is so important to the parents to recognize these differences at the earliest. This can help for early identification and intervention.
Please follow and like us: