Patau Syndrome or Trisomy 13 is a chromosomal disorder.
It happen when a baby’s cells have three copies of chromosome 13, rather than the usual 2.
Most unborn babies with trisomy 13 are miscarried or stillborn.
This type of baby mostly dies in first month of life. Only ten per cent of babies live up to one year.
Symptoms of patau’s syndrome (baby after birth)
- Low birth weight
- Eye defects
- Brain & heart problems
- Abnormal hands and feet
- Difficulties with feeding and breathing
- Intellectual disability in severe.
Role of OT:
- Activities of daily living
- Physical with motor activity
- Psychological(emotions, feeling, self needs)
- Fine motor skills
- Gross motor skills
- Oro motor skills.